How do you know that you’re purchasing the correct anti-ageing product? The answer is in the ingredients. The list of anti-ageing ingredients can cause confusion, let’s make it simple
Navigating your way through the variety of skincare products that all promise to deliver results for your skincare concerns can be quite an overwhelming experience. Over the years, with the new innovations in the skincare industry, ingredients are the cornerstone and deciding factor of what is understood to be the best product in the market to correct, balance or enhance a skincare concern or condition.
How do you know that you’re purchasing the correct anti-ageing product? The answer is in the ingredients. The list of anti-ageing ingredients can cause confusion, let’s make it simple.
This article will discuss the ingredients that pHformula’s skin resurfacing system, uses in the anti-ageing range and which products these superior ingredients can be found in.
Glycolic Acid is an Alpha hydroxy acid that is clinically proven to loosen the glue-like bonds that hold skin cells together, thus shedding the top layer of dull, damaged and ageing skin.
• The A.G.E. recovery is specifically formulated to work in synergy with the pHformula skin resurfacing in cabin treatments and is made up of a unique combination of active ingredients that work synergistically to assist to speed up skin recovery, while maintaining the overall health of the skin, and helping to prevent future skin damage.
Mandelic Acid stimulates the production of collagen and improves the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles without irritation. It is very effective as a treatment for several types of pigmentations often associated with aged skin.
• The A.C.T.I.V.E. formula is specially formulated as a preparation treatment product to be used prior or during the pHformula skin resurfacing treatments to assist in normalising all skin disorders and maintaining overall health.
Lactobionic Acid is a polyhydroxy bionic acid which provides skin benefits such as plumping and overall youthfulness, increase of cell turnover time, antioxidant properties, wound healing, strong moisturizing and water binding properties and film forming.
• P.O.S.T. recovery cream is a rich emollient cream that contains a blend of humectants for maximum hydration. It assists to alleviate immediate skin dryness and provides excellent anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties.
THPE – Tetrahydroxypropyl Ethylenediamine
THPE – Tetrahydroxypropyl Ethylenediamine is one of the most effective anti-ageing actives which acts through the mechanism of action of keratinocyte contraction results in a lifting effect.
• The pHformula E.Y.E. recovery is a powerful, yet gentle formulation containing a unique peptide complex, which assists in reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles as well as dark circles and puffiness. It is also ideal to use under the brow bone for an immediate lifting and tightening effect.
Retinol regulates cellular differentiation, stimulates the synthesis of collagen and elastin and acts as a powerful antioxidant.
• The VITA A cream contains pure retinol and should be used as an advanced treatment product for ageing skin. Retinol helps to stimulate cell regeneration to diminish the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and age spots from both photo- and intrinsic ageing. Retinol is also effective in correcting blemishes and blotchiness often associated with problematic skin. This 24-hour moisturizing complex is comprised of a synergistic blend of natural ingredients to assist in prolonged hydration and protection of the skin.
Micro-encapsulated Retinol is the micro-encapsulated form of Retinol to ensure maximum
results. Micro-encapsulation protects the Vitamin A molecule’s stability. The retinol is controlled and released into the skin for better penetration and deep delivery of actives. The protective properties also reduce moisture loss in the skin. Retinol is a pure form of vitamin A and when applied to the skin, it creates retinoic acid which has superior benefits for the skin. not only is Retinol used for anti-ageing but also to help fight acne, repair sun damaged skin and normalizing the skin’s natural barrier.
• A powerful VITA A rejuvenating mask that accelerates skin renewal and reduces the appearance of skin ageing overnight. Active micro-encapsulated retinol helps increase cell turnover resulting in a healthy radiant skin.
Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate
Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate is a stable form of Vitamin C which improves skin elasticity, decreases fine lines and wrinkles, promotes wound healing and suppresses cutaneous pigmentation. Vitamin C is essential to prevent and reverse visible signs of skin ageing and pigment changes. pHformula has developed a highly concentrated Vitamin C cream with 24 hour moisturising properties to offer immediate and intense hydration.
• The light textured Vitamin C cream contains Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate at prescription strength, which result in superior anti-ageing benefits, ideal for daily and year-long application. The 24-hour moisturising complex in the formula comprised of a synergistic blend of natural moisturising factors to assist in pro-longed hydration and protection of the skin.
• UV PROTECT SPF 50+ is an essential skin defense product with a unique combination of ingredients that provide superior protection against harmful UVA/UVB rays whilst reducing inflammation produced by infrared radiation. It provides high sun protection without causing discomfort to the skin. This unique formula, especially for the face, includes beneficial ingredients to help prevent skin dryness. Ideal to be applied during skin resurfacing procedures or outdoor activities and sports.
Ferulic acid is a powerful plant-based antioxidant that helps fight premature ageing, sun damage and hyperpigmentation. It also enhances the stability and effectiveness of Vitamin E.
• The concentrated corrective HYDRA serum contains a specialized blend of active ingredients and moisture-binding ingredients that intensively hydrate the skin’s deepest surface layers.
Phytosan contains proteins, glycoproteins and polysaccharides isolated from soy beans, which provides comprehensive photo protection and counter acts the signs of UV-induced premature skin ageing.
• The powerful and luxurious POINT EXTRA FIRM firming cream is formulated with the unique combination of ingredients including a peptide complex to support skin’s natural proteins. The result is the appearance of refined facial contours and skin that looks smooth, firmer, and lifted.
• POINT AGE REVERSE is infused with a cocktail of peptides and botanical ingredients to help reduce visible signs of skin ageing and promote skin firmness and elasticity. This advanced peptide complex helps to stimulate collagen and glycosaminoglycan synthesis. A unique combination of antioxidants and active ingredients help to reduce the appearance of pre-mature ageing and sun damage.
• POINT MULTI PROTECT is a peptide infused anti-ageing moisturizer with sun protection factor 15 which is formulated for delicate skin or skin affected by environmental stresses. It is a unique moisturizing cream that repairs, hydrates and protects the skin whilst leaving it feeling calm and soothed.
Support your homecare regime with a skin resurfacing treatment
pHformula’s dermatological skin resurfacing treatments are custom designed and formulated to treat all skin types and conditions – supported by science with more than 30 years of combined scientific and medical experience. The perfect way to increase the results achieved through your homecare regime
The pHformula skin resurfacing treatments that specifically focus on ageing include:
• Ultimate resurfacing: A superior treatment in which various concerns of skin ageing can be addressed, including the neck & décolleté. A treatment with immediate visible results that leaves the skin looking firm, smooth and well hydrated.
• Instant firming: Specifically designed for an instantly firmer and healthier looking skin. Immediate improvement in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, especially around the eye area and around the mouth.
• Instant glow experience: A gentle all-in-one resurfacing treatment that brightens the skin, induces collagen and removes any visible signs of congestion on the skin. This facial treatment will leave the skin looking noticeably radiant and glowing.
It is recommended to have a professional skin resurfacing treatment every 10 – 21 days or as prescribed by your pHformula skin specialist in order to maximise results supported by the correct prescribed homecare routine. Look after your skin health. Connect with your pHformula skin specialist to find out how you can combat visible signs of ageing with pHformula.