This article will discuss the ingredients that pHformula’s skin resurfacing system uses to minimise visible signs of Chronic Redness.
What is Chronic Redness?
The most common cause of chronic redness is rosacea, which is an inflammatory condition that causes redness in the skin at varying levels and severity. Even though it is extremely common, the cause remains unknown. It is often attributed to certain abnormalities in blood vessels in which they enlarge, giving your face a flushed appearance.
There are four subtypes of rosacea, each subtype has its own set of symptoms. Rosacea’s trademark symptom is small, red, pus-filled bumps on the skin that are present during flare-ups. Typically, rosacea affects only skin on your nose, cheeks, and forehead. Flare-ups often occur in cycles. This means that you will experience symptoms for weeks or months at a time, the symptoms will go away, and then return.
How do you treat Chronic Redness with pHformula? The answer is in the ingredients.
Retinol is a powerful acid that promotes the improvement of chronic redness associated with rosacea and sensitive skin by addressing the chronic deficiency of vitamin A in the skin, which is a major contributor to the skin concern.
• The C.R. recovery is specifically formulated to work in synergism with the pHformula skin resurfacing treatments. A unique combination of active ingredients working synergistically to assist in speeding-up skin recovery, maintaining the overall health of the skin, and helping to prevent future skin damage.
• The A.C.T.I.V.E. formula is specially formulated as a preparation treatment product to be used before or during the pHformula skin resurfacing treatments to assist in normalizing all skin disorders and maintaining overall results.
Glycosaminoglycans are a fundamental component of skin tissue, essentially a group of complex proteins. Chondroitin sulfate and hyaluronic acid are part of this ingredient group, all of which function as skin-replenishing and restoring ingredients.
• Point Multi Protect is a peptide infused anti-ageing moisturizer with sun protection factor 15 which is formulated for delicate skin or skin affected by chronic redness. It is a unique moisturizing cream that repairs, hydrates and protects the skin and leaves the skin feeling calm and soothed.
Mandelic Acid has powerful antimicrobial properties which assist to eradicate bacteria associated with rosacea prone skin. It is a very gentle acid and particularly effective for skin types which cannot tolerate aggressive topical treatments.
• C.R.1 complex is an active and effective complete restoration complex for chronic redness and rosacea prone skin, specifically formulated with anti-microbial activity to help reduce redness and prevent relapses. It contains the all-powerful and important retinol which helps to address vitamin A deficiencies in the skin, as well as lactic acid which helps break down the bonds between cells to allow easier exfoliation of dead surface cells, while also providing hydration.
• C.R Recovery is specifically formulated to work in synergism with the pHformula C.R.1 Complex skin resurfacing treatment. This unique combination of active ingredients work synergistically to assist in speeding-up skin recovery, maintaining overall skin health.
Niacinamide increases the production of fatty acids and ceramides in the skin, which forms a protective barrier. It maintains skin moisture, protects the skin from irritants, improves flushing and blushing due to rosacea. Niacinamide can also mitigate the damage that environmental agressions can cause.
• VITA B vibrance boost mask is a rich and creamy mask that delivers gentle, soothing hydration to reduce redness and soothe sensitive skin. It is packed with natural extracts and Niacinamide to strengthen the skin barrier and protect the skin from external stress.
• VITA B3 cream is essential to prevent and reverse visible signs of redness, pigment changes and skin ageing. The highly concentrated vitamin B3 cream offers 24-hour moisturizing properties for immediate and intense hydration.
Support your homecare regime with a skin resurfacing treatment
pHformula’s dermatological skin resurfacing treatments are custom-designed and formulated to treat all skin types and conditions – supported by more than 30 years of combined scientific and medical experience. The perfect way to increase the results achieved through your homecare regime
C.R 1 Complex is pHformula’s skin resurfacing treatment that is specifically focussed on chronic redness – an active and effective complex for complete restoration, chronic redness and rosacea-prone skin. Specifically formulated with anti-microbial activity to help reduce redness and prevent relapses.
Patients should use the recommended pHformula skin resurfacing homecare products to enhance overall results and to assist with the post resurfacing healing processes. The C.R. homecare kit contains fundamental products to optimize overall results that offer a complete skin resurfacing regimen for your skin and includes the following products:
E.X.F.O. cleanse 100ml
A.C.T.I.V.E. formula 20ml
C.R. recovery 30ml
P.O.S.T. recovery cream 50ml
The use of the pHformula U.V. protect SPF 30+ or SPF 50+ is essential to protect the skin from UV radiation. Please note that it is recommended that extended sun exposure must be avoided, especially in the 10 days prior to the treatment.
It is recommended to have a professional pHformula skin resurfacing treatment every 10 – 21 days or as prescribed by your pHformula skin specialist in order to maximise results supported by the correct prescribed homecare routine. Look after your skin health. Connect with your pHformula skin specialist to find out how you can combat visible signs of chronic redness with pHformula.